Since epoxy floors have become more and more common in residential spaces, you may be wondering what all the hype is about. If you aren’t familiar, epoxy flooring is a coating commonly used to cover and protect concrete floors. It’s made of a resin, a hardener, and occasionally a metallic or flake additive for aesthetic purposes.
Here are five things you should know about residential epoxy flooring:
- It’s Easy to Maintain- One reason residential epoxy flooring is a good option is because it is easy to clean. It’s non-porous, so you don’t have to be very concerned about stains.
- Heavy Traffic Isn’t a Problem- Because this flooring is strong and durable, it can endure heavy traffic. It’s also slip-resistant, so you can feel good about walking on it without falling.
- It Provides a Seamless Look- Residential epoxy flooring is applied by smoothing out the coating all at once. This creates a uniform, seamless look that you don’t get with wood or tile floors, which have to be installed in pieces.
- There Are Many Color Options- You can get residential epoxy flooring in practically any color to complement your home.
- It Doesn’t Take Long to Install- It isn’t exactly the easiest process to install residential epoxy flooring, but it shouldn’t take very long. We can usually install it in a day or two.
If you are interested in residential epoxy flooring for your home or business in San Antonio, Texas, call us at Patriot Concrete Coatings today to learn more.